It’s the end of 2023, and 12/31/23 (123123), which occurs once every years. I looked back at the top posts of mine from this past year, many of which you probably have read–others you may have not. So, without further adieu, let’s look at my top posts of the year 2023.
- Someone Stole Your Domain Name – Here’s What You Do – The post popular post, the most-viewed post is my post about what you need to do if your domain name is stolen. A lot of people don’t even realize that domain name theft is a big thing–and this past year my agency, Hartzer Consulting, launched DNAccess, a service to provide domain name management and domain name recovery services–mainly because I’ve been asked so much to help recover someone’s stolen domain name. I have to admit, there’s no one else out there that provides this service that I know of. In this particular post, the most popular one of 2023, I offer tips of what you need to do–even before your domain name is stolen.
- Which CMS? How to Choose the Best CMS for Your Purposes – In this most-viewed post of 2023, I talked about what a CMS is (content management system), and tested several different ones. There are certainly ones that are better than others, and some that are better depending on what you need it for (the purpose of the website). Read the post to see which CMS came out on top. This was originally posted in 2022, but was the most-read post of 2023.
- Google Search Engine Class Action Settlement – Google Referrer Header Privacy Litigation – If you used Google’s Search Engine from October 25, 2006 to September 30, 2013, you could get cash from a class action Settlement. The lawsuit alleges that Google shared search queries of Class Members with third-party companies and websites between October 2 2006. and September 30, 2013. Google denies that it did anything wrong and the Court is yet to decide who was right. The defendants are settling this case to avoid costly and burdensome litigation, and to concentrate on quickly addressing complaints from consumers. This post had some explosive traffic around the time I posted it–then the traffic dropped off.
- How I Got 100 Million Photo Views on Google Maps – This is an interesting one. I didn’t know that so many people didn’t know some of the ‘tricks’ and ‘tips’ to being a Google Local Guide, but I wrote about those tips and tricks in this post. A post from 2022, but in 2023 it still is the #3 most-popular post.
- I Posted 39 AI-Generated Articles, Clearly Attributed to AI: Here’s The Results – I have to admit, 2023 was the year of AI. And 2024 will be the year of AI as well, I expect a lot more uses of it will be created–people are being very innovative. One of the questions I had, as a blogger and an SEO is how Google will respond to the AI-written blog posts that I posted. Using AI, I posted 39 posts with the help of AI. And looked at the search results of them.