TouchStorm, a leader in online editorial video, has a job opening for a search engine marketer, someone who knows both search engine optimization and search engine marketing (PPC). Here is the job description, as recently forwarded to me:
Search Engine Marketer (SEO, SEM), TouchStorm
Digital video is a shiny toy that delivers fantastic results in the right hands. We believe in editorial video and use it to create massive reach and engagement. We’re not a start-up but a stir-up with years of proven results and consistent clients. We’re a group of innovators that believe brands deserve more options and better results for their digital marketing dollars.
And we’re looking for a few talented people to co-exist and hold on for the ride.
You’ll have a clean sheet to play on, a wildly energetic team to collaborate with, and the entrepreneurial excitement that accompanies extreme growth. You’ll also have the stability and project variety that comes from being owned by a fast-growing digital company.
We’re based in NYC but our staff is sprinkled all over the country. Talk to us about your experience and we’ll talk about your location.
Search Engine Marketer (SEO/SEM)
You’ll have the chance to:
• Work on the frontier of video SEO and create rapid growth for editorial videos
• Gain the best possible visibility for videos distributed in our network using your organic and paid search skills
• Access to one of the biggest and fastest growing partner channels on YouTube and transfer that success into other tiers of our network
• Collaborate with strategists, technologists, creative and social media experts who are known by the industry to be driving new ideas in online marketing
• Work with major clients such as Sony, Autodesk, P&G, General Mills and other brands with visionary ideas
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits: medical, dental, 401k, vacation/sick/personal/paid holidays
• Work in the booming frontier of online video
• A BA or greater
• 2-5 years in organic search in-the-trenches experience:
o Site web development best practices and information architecture as they relate to SEO
o Thorough keyword research / selection
o On-page optimization
o Monitoring / reporting of progress
o Utilizing link building best practices and tactics for growth
o Reviewing, presenting and utilizing website analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to tracks search efforts and suggest new tactics and strategies
• 2-5 years in paid search in-the-trenches experience:
o A focus on AdWords
o Managing to a monthly budget
o Setting up and day-today management of multiple campaigns on the display (content) network
o Writing effective ads
o A/B testing
o Making strategic decisions based on performance data and budget
• History of collaboration
• A never say die attitude
• A generous and happy disposition, combined with a real dedication to arrive at the most efficient solution
Nice to have:
• Experience uploading videos to social sites
• Experience interacting with YouTube and understanding how videos gain visibility
• Knowledge of the cross over between social media and SEM
Send resume to [email protected] and reference “SEO” in the subject line of the email.