A website redesign is similar to a website launch (of a new website) but combined with a site move. A new website being redesigned may or may not include new URLs. Pages and filenames may or may not change, but the content can be moved, removed, or added to the new website. Because of this, it’s imperative that Bill Hartzer is involved throughout this process to ensure that no traffic is lost during or after the website redesign.
Typically, during a website redesign, there are several SEO deliverables:
- Website crawl of the current website to make a list of content, meta data, and redirects.
- Review of plan to add, remove, or change current web pages.
- Audit of the new website before the new website redesign goes live.
- Make a List of changes to implement before the website goes live.
- Ensure proper redirects are in place.
- Review and crawl of website after the new website goes live.