WebSideStory has won the 2007 Codie Award in the Best Enterprise Search Engine category for the second time in a row. WebSideStory Search 4.0 was one of six finalists in that category. The award was presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) at the 22nd Annual Codie Awards Gala held on April 17, 2007, in San Francisco, California.
The “Best Enterprise Search Engine” award was given to WebSideStory Search 4.0 based on its “outstanding ability to bring relevant information to users via its patent-pending Active Browsing capability that leverages Ajax to power the site search experience.” WebSideStory Search won last year for its ability to automatically rank site search relevancy based on the broad spectrum of Web site behavioral data available.
According to their press release today, the “clickless browsing experience” available in WebSideStory Search enables users to search and preview facet information and “more like this” categories simply by rolling their mouse over specified search results. WebSideStory Search offers industry-first functionality by leveraging Ajax, a Web 2.0 technology that helps to deliver greatly enhanced speed and interactivity, and subsequently, an improved visitor experience.
This service adds to an already robust set of enterprise search capabilities that can be leveraged to support a wide range of online initiatives — enabling self-service sites to drive call center deflection, enhancing the commerce search experience to increase sales and improving information access on news and media web sites.
WebSideStory Search 4.0 is part of the WebSideStory suite of integrated, on-demand digital marketing applications, consisting of web analytics, site search, web content management and keyword bid management. The KMWorld recognition follows several other honors for WebSideStory Search 4.0 and the company in general. Recent accolades include:
– Being named one of the top global ASPs (application service providers) for the fifth consecutive year by ASPNews.com, June 2006
– Winning the Software & Information Industry Association’s CODiE Award for Best Enterprise Search Engine, May 2006
– Winning Network Computing’s Well-Connected Award for Best Web Analytics Service, May 2006
– Being named to Intelligent Enterprise’s Companies to Watch for 2006 List, May 2006
– Receiving a “strong positive” rating — the highest rating possible — from Gartner Research in its “MarketScope for Web Analytics Q206,” April 2006. Available for download here.
– Being recognized as a site search leader by Patricia Seybold Group in its review of five major search vendors, Feb. 2006. The report, “PSGroup Bull’s Eye: Product Search Solutions, Which Providers Offer the Best Overall Capabilities,” is available for download here: http://www.psgroup.com/detail.aspx?ID=685
The Codie Awards celebrate achievement and vision in software, education technology and digital content. This year’s finalists were chosen from more than 1,200 nominations submitted by more than 600 companies — breaking the record set in the 2006 awards.
Founded in 1996, WebSideStory, Inc. and its subsidiary, Visual Sciences, LLC, are leading providers of real-time customer intelligence solutions. The services provided by WebSideStory and Visual Sciences deliver comprehensive insight into the lifetime of customer interactions across on-line and multi-channel businesses. More than 1,500 enterprises worldwide rely on the company for innovative solutions, enterprise-class services and a world-class network of partners to improve marketing, sales and operational performance.
WebSideStory is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has European headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.