In a bid to stay ahead of evolving cyber threats, DNSFilter has announced the integration of a new Generative AI category into its robust protective DNS software. This move aims to empower organizations, big and small, with an enterprise-grade defense against the burgeoning risks associated with Generative AI, tackling issues such as malware, botnets, and phishing to mitigate corporate risk.
The surge in Generative AI adoption within the business landscape has prompted companies to hastily implement this emerging technology, often without a comprehensive understanding of the cybersecurity implications. Exploiting this new attack surface, threat actors are capitalizing on the vulnerability created by the rapid proliferation of Generative AI sites.
Remember the days when the biggest online threats were phishing scams and malware? Well, hold onto your hats, because a new breed of bad actor is on the rise: Generative AI. These clever tools can create incredibly realistic text, images, and even videos, making them a prime weapon for scammers and hackers.
DNSFilter is stepping up to the plate with a brand new Generative AI category in its powerful DNS security software. This game-changer gives businesses the ultimate defense against AI-powered threats, protecting your network and your precious data.
Here’s why you need DNSFilter’s GenAI shield:
- AI Attacks Are Skyrocketing: DNSFilter saw a 279% increase in GenAI sites accessed on their network in just 8 months! That’s a scary trend, but with DNSFilter, you can block these threats before they even touch your network.
- Compliance Made Easy: Worried about implementing your new GenAI policy? DNSFilter takes the guesswork out by automatically blocking GenAI sites at the corporate level. No more manual blacklists, just peace of mind.
- Say Goodbye to Plagiarism: Schools and universities can breathe a sigh of relief. Block GenAI tools on your network to prevent students from taking shortcuts with their assignments.
- Machine Learning Muscle: DNSFilter’s advanced technology scans every domain your users access, identifying zero-day threats and stopping them in their tracks. No other tool comes close to its level of protection.
DNSFilter’s vigilant team observed a startling 279% increase in GenAI sites accessed on the DNSFilter network between January 2023 and August 2023, focusing on the top seven GenAI sites of the year, including notable platforms like OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
To combat the evolving threat landscape, DNSFilter now conducts a thorough scan of every domain accessed by its customers. This proactive approach identifies zero-day threats, preventing malicious actors or malware from infiltrating the network. The latest enhancement enables organizations to proactively block Generative AI sites at the corporate level, ensuring compliance with newly established GenAI policies.
This game-changer scans every domain your employees visit, sniffing out those AI-powered sites like a cyber-bloodhound. Why the paranoia? Well, here’s the scoop:
- AI is booming, and so are the risks. Companies are throwing AI tools into everything from marketing to customer service, but often without considering the security implications. Hackers are exploiting this new frontier, using AI to churn out phishing scams and even generate fake content.
- DNSFilter saw the AI storm coming. Their data analysis revealed a 279% surge in GenAI site visits this year alone! That’s a red flag waving louder than a rock concert at a library.
- Time to take control. With the Generative AI category, you can finally block those shady AI sites at the corporate level. No more manual blacklisting, just peace of mind knowing your network is protected from AI-powered mischief.
The introduction of a dedicated Generative AI category alleviates the burden on security teams, eliminating the need to manually manage and maintain lists of Generative AI applications. In the education sector, users can leverage this functionality to keep Generative AI tools off public and owned networks, offering a robust defense against plagiarism. Notably, existing solutions on the market can only block a fraction of Generative AI-related domains.
Ken Carnesi, CEO, and co-founder of DNSFilter emphasized the importance of visibility and control over Generative AI tools, stating, “With the growth of AI over the last year, it has become critical that organizations have visibility and control over what Generative AI tools employees are accessing.” He highlighted DNSFilter’s commitment to innovation and customer-centric solutions, ensuring that the newly introduced Generative AI category provides customers with enhanced visibility, control, and peace of mind.
DNSFilter, dedicated to redefining internet security, stands at the forefront of threat protection, having blocked a staggering 9.1 billion threats in 2022 alone. With a focus on the Domain Name System (DNS) layer, DNSFilter’s protective DNS, powered by machine learning, identifies 61% more threats than competitors an average of seven days earlier, offering unparalleled defense against phishing, malware, and advanced cyber threats.
As cyber threats continue to evolve, DNSFilter’s commitment to innovation and proactive cybersecurity measures positions it as a leader in safeguarding the internet and making workplaces more productive. Discover how DNSFilter is tackling the rise of Generative AI and fortifying online security by clicking here. Don’t miss out on the next level of cybersecurity protection!