Tags: internet security
Written by: Bill Hartzer
As Seen On:
Mountain Eagle Web
Online Marketing Help
Search Engine Marketing Companies
Search Engine Optimization
Search Marketing Consultants
Website Marketing Blog
WOT Web of Trust Launches New Version
A while back you may recall that I wrote about Web of Trust, the world’s first online tool for reputation rating. Web of Trust has launched a new version.
Web of Trust has launched a new version of the WOT safe surfing add-on with customizable protection. Experienced Web users who prefer “Light” protection get a simple warning if they surf to a page with a poor reputation, whereas selecting “Maximum Safety” will prevent a risky page from loading. Parents with young children can choose the “Parental Control” mode which blocks access to sites that contain pornography or other adult content.
Web of Trust has four convenient one-click protection options that can be changed instantly depending on the situation:
• “Light” protection suits experienced Web users
• “Basic” protection guides the user by giving warnings
• “Maximum Safety” stops dangerous Web sites from loading
• “Parental Control” blocks access to Web sites with a poor child safety rating and no rating at all
Web of Trust offers Internet users preventive protection against Web-based attacks, online scams, identify theft, and unreliable shopping sites. The WOT security add-on provides safety ratings to search results when using Google, Yahoo!, Digg and other popular sites, helping users protect their computers and personal information. Web site ratings are continuously updated by the user community and from numerous trusted sources, such as phishing site listings. The free Internet security add-on works with Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers and can be downloaded at http://www.mywot.com.
Interesting Facts about WOT
• WOT has been downloaded by 4 million users
• Information on 22 million websites
• 1 in every 20 websites is harmful
• WOT users contribute by rating and commenting on websites
• WOT also receives information from a large number of trusted sources, such as PhishTank, hpHosts, DNS-BH Malware Domain list and Artists Against 419.
• Available in 14 languages, now also in Chinese and Japanese