Director of Search Engine Optimization – Dallas Texas
A contact of mine has an opening for a Director of Search Engine Optimization here in the Dallas, Texas area. If you have the qualifications, then feel free to get in touch with me and I will forward over the contact details to you. Here is the job description, as forwarded to me:
Director of Search Engine Optimization – Travel Industry
Director of organic search engine optimization programs and relationships (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc), on behalf of the enterprise as well as individual hotel properties and clusters. Works in partnership with all brands to determine appropriate funding levels and performance targets for search optimization efforts. Works closely content & design/development to establish and implement best practices to achieve search engine rankings. Establishes guidance and programs for individual hotels with SEO needs.
– Plans, and implements natural search programs for identified hotel.
– Executes the strategic planning and coordination of SEO programs to advance company goals, while supporting communication plans of key messages to internal and external stakeholders.
– Develops plan to implement long term goals for demand generation through search engine optimization that become the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
– Develops the appropriate objectives for the business and executes those methodologies by which those objectives are going to be accomplished.
– Manages activities for demand generation through search and confers as appropriate with key stakeholders and departments (Brands, Customer Marketing, hotels and other Global On-Line Services departments), so objectives are accomplished.
– Establishes communication plan as established by department head.
– Establishes measurements of demand generation, working with the analytics team, to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness.
– Manages the development and administration of search activities including SEO campaigns and search integration.
– Helps to establish work priorities and achieving management objectives.
– Executes directives of organization’s mission, goals and objectives and demonstrates through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
– Conducts effective management of third party partners. Identifies primary vendors. Negotiates and monitors quality cost of services.
– Manages effective partnerships with outside vendors, internal constituents, other departments, etc.
– Manage a group of four search engine marketing professionals interacting with both brand and hotel key stakeholders.
– Directs managers for implementation to ensure that demand generation activities deliver targeted ROI.
– Implements and maintains systems to ensure compliance.
– Assesses actual performance against standards to determine whether the campaign is on target to reach its goals and takes corrective actions as necessary.
– Ensures business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed.
– Enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
– Evaluates web analytics works within targeted markets.
– Works within established marketing, brand, or campaign budget.
– Reviews and makes appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the year to ensure campaign results.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
– Demonstrated ability to develop and manage search engine optimization activities.
– The ability to develop SEO programs for brands and individual hotels to participate in and establish reporting (format, timing, delivery, etc.).
– Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, as well as excellent written communication skills.
– Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
– Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
– Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
– Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems, ability to help develop problem solving skills among other team members as appropriate.
– Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organization’s standards for performance feedback.
– Ability to assimilate new concepts and practices into position and the department and provide effective training to peers for on-the-job training, policies and procedures, departmental training topics and professional development.
– Understanding of principles and practical application of direct response marketing.
– Financial acumen budget development and management skills, including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets.
– Strong analytical skills and knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to calculate percentage changes and averages/weighted averages; working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
– Ability to work independently; includes ability to recognize need for involvement of other teams/peers and capability to effectively facilitate that collaboration.
– Four (4) year college degree of significant work experience in lieu thereof
– Significant experience four (4) or more years search engine optimization marketing roles
– Ability to travel 20% as required.
– Knowledge of search engine marketing, conversion metrics, direct marketing principles and SEO best practices
– Hospitality industry experience preferred, with a mix of experience from distribution or web services roles