Google is updating their Terms of Service on November 11, 2013. There are several updates to their TOS, and notably one of the changes has many people in an uproar. If you follow a business on the Google+ social network, there is a chance that your endorsement could be used ...
First it was Google Panda, and then we had Google Penguin. For the past several years, we have been dealing with pandas and penguins. But now, we're dealing with a whole entirely new animal: the Google Hummingbird algorithm update. So, in a nutshell, what exactly is the Google Hummingbird algorithm? The ...
Just recently, another one of my Google+ posts went hot on the Google Plus social media network. As you know, Google Authorship is tied directly to Google+, and it's my opinion that the more of an influencer that you are on Google+ the more it will ultimately help your Google ...
The data that Google is not providing, as in they are not providing which keyword brought visitors to your site, keeps going up. And it's getting bad. Really bad if your site caters to the tech crowd. For example, for my blog on BillHartzer.com, the posts and articles on the ...
Google Webmaster Tools has changed their policy, and is now going to start emailing web site owners directly if they detect critical or important issues with your web site. Before now, Google would only notify you about these issues via Google Webmaster Tools' interface--and you had to log in to ...
Google is always testing part of their interface, and I believe that this new test will most likely be one that sticks around. Google has started underlining typos in the search query field. So, when you start typing a keyword, if what you are typing is an obvious typo, then ...
Chalk this up on the list of another one of Google's products that failed. Well, I wouldn't call Google Sidewiki a total failure, but rather a Google product that just did not "catch on" with everyone. Google Sidewiki is being closed down, and Google is offering us all a chance ...
We all have issues with our web sites at one time or another. Certainly when designing, programming, developing, and optimizing our web sites we try to make sure that we follow the industry's best practices. But that doesn't always happen, even if you are Google. I have uncovered a few ...
Barry over at Search Engine Roundtable wrote an interesting post about Google personalization and a little-known Google feature. There is a way to turn off the Google search results' personalization feature by appending "&pws=0" to the Google search results URL. I recall removing personalization in the search results several ...
As you are probably aware, Google has been in the media spotlight lately about their search quality. And today, Huffington Post published a blog post titled "Content is Best Fresh, Not Farmed". Oh Really? Let's take a look at Google's search results for a popular news item that I wrote about yesterday, ...
Search Marketing Articles
- 44 Questions to Ask Your Search Engine Optimization Company
- About Bill Hartzer
- Absolute Versus Relative Linking in Web Sites
- Balancing Paid and Organic Search Engine Listings
- Do you Know what your Reputation is Online? Review your Links and Find Out
- Domain Name Appraisal Services and Domain Name Values
- Domain Names, Developed Domains, and Expired Domains
- Free SEO Tools
- How Google Finds and Penalizes Advertorials
- How Much Does Online Reputation Management Cost?
- How Search Engine Optimization Adds Value to a Website
- How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Business
- How to Diversify the Anchor Text of Links to Your Web Site
- How to Evaluate an Expired Domain Name
- How to Find Content for Your Blog
- How to Fix Google Analytics to Properly Calculate Bounce Rate
- How to Increase Your Followers on Google+
- How to Know if You Should Renew Your Domain Name?
- How to Know When You Should Develop a Domain Name
- How to Make a QR Code for Your Web Site
- How to Make Money from Your Social Media Influence
- How to Manage a Search Engine Optimization Project with Little or No Staff
- How to Pick the Right Domain Name for your Business
- How to Promote the Perfect Blog Post
- How to Properly Redirect a Domain Name and Get Link Credit
- How to Remove Circle Counts in Google+ Plus
- How to Remove Google Personalization from Google Search Results
- How to Write the Perfect Blog Post
- How To: Make Your Links Do Follow Links in Google Plus
- How To: Make Your Old Blog Posts ROCK in the Search Results
- How To: Remove Paid Links Without Hurting Your Search Engine Rankings
- Keyword Research and Analysis
- Linking Campaigns Lead to Increased Online Visibility
- Monetizing Your Website
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Pay Per Click Advertising Management
- Press Releases in the News
- Professional Blogging
- Reverse Domain Name Hijacking: Why UDRP Reform is Needed
- Search Engine Marketing and Website Marketing Services
- Search Engine Marketing Jobs
- Search Engine Marketing Videos
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization 101: The Meta Description Tag
- Search Engine Optimization 101: Title Tags on Web Pages
- Search Engine Optimization 101: Working Keywords into Your Web Pages
- Search Engine Optimization and Network Marketing: How to Get More Leads
- Search Engine Optimization Audit Services
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs
- Search Engine Optimization for Ecommerce Sites
- Search Engine Optimization Overkill
- Search Engine Optimization Strategist Specializing in SEO Audits and Link Audits
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Add a Breadcrumb Trail
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Check the Whois on Your Domain Name
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Check Your External Links
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Effectively Adding Content to your Website
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Expand On Your Best Website Content
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: How to Effectively use Keywords in your Heading Tags
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: How to Remove a Web Page from Google
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Include Keywords in URLs
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Link to Your Real Home Page Only
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Links Surrounded by Text
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Your Heading Tags Should Include your Keywords
- Search Engine Optimization Tips
- Search Engine Optimization: 10 Search Engine Ranking Problems
- Search Engine Optimization: 5 Important SEO Ranking Factors
- Search Engine Optimization: 5 Keyword Research Tips
- Search Engine Optimization: 7 Important Considerations for Link Building Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization: A Guide To Understanding the Types of Google Penalties
- Search Engine Optimization: Anchor Text and Internal Links
- Search Engine Optimization: Anchor Text Flows Just Like PageRank
- Search Engine Optimization: How To Boost Domain Authority
- Search Engine Optimization: Recovering Lost Traffic and Links on your Website
- Search Engine Optimization: Why a Blog is Important
- Search Engine Optimization: Why Image Alt Tags are Important
- Search Engine Optimization: Why We Still Need Meta Tags
- Search Engine Optimization: Why Your Web Content Strategy Must Involve Promotion
- Search Engine Ranking Problems
- SEM Rush Review: SEO Tools in 2013
- Target your Ad Copy for Better Results
- Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Audit Quick Tips
- Translating Web Sites
- Use Link Bait to Catch Better Rankings
- What Does Social Media Have to do with Search? Plenty
- When is the Best Time to Post a Blog Post?
- When to Post on Social Media Networks
- Where to Get Ideas for Website Content
- Why Fresh Content is Important for Search Engine Optimization
- Why I am No Longer a Link Builder But Now a Content Publicist
- Why SEO and Social Media Sites Go Hand-in-Hand
- Why Your Corporate Website Needs a Blog
- Why Your Search Engine Optimization Strategy Must Now Include Social Validation
Follow Me:Follow @bhartzer
Twitter LinkedIn Facebook
Reddit Live Journal
Bill Hartzer, LLC14601 Hyde Away Lane
Mabank, TX 75147