Google has a lot of webmasters scared. Seriously, they really do. Webmasters are so scared now that they are randomly and blindly emailing all the sites that they know about that link to them--and asking for links to be removed to their website. Google has been sending "unnatural link warnings" ...
I think the title of this blog post says it all. Really. Here we are in the beginning of 2013 and many respected experts in the Search Engine Optimization industry offering their predictions for the year. I purposely have decided to not offer any predictions for the year. Rather, just ...
Google has released their Google Disavow Tool, an online tool part of Google Webmaster Tools that allows web site owners disavow links to their web site. You really only need to use this tool if you've been unsuccessful in getting bad links or over-optimized anchor text links to your site ...
If you have what Google calls "unnatural links" that hare pointing to your web site, then Google will notify you. They do these notifications via Google Webmaster Tools. In order to receive the messages, web site owners must go through a verification process to "verify their web site" and prove ...
Lately, there have been a flurry of Google Algorithm updates that seem to be targeting the overall over-optimization of web sites. Not only if you over-optimize the content on your page, you will undoubtedly run into search engine rankings problems. But what happens if the anchor text that links to ...
As a courtesy and value-added service, American Express is building links and doing search engine optimization for many of their small business clients. Through a division called "American Express Market 3D", American Express (through their outsourced vendor called Orange Soda) is doing Inbound Link Building, Social Bookmarking, and General Directory ...
Home Depot, the home improvement "big box" retailer, has been caught promoting what I call "questionable" link tactics and providing false information to their vendors. In an email to their vendors (specifically those who provide installation services), a representative from Home Depot encourages their vendors to link to specific pages ...
When it comes to search engine rankings, we all know that one of the major search engine ranking factors is how many links you have to your website. Especially text links that include the keywords your trying to rank for in the anchor text. So, if you want to rank ...
When it comes to search engine optimization, the bottom line is that link building is still important. The popularity of any web page is dependent on its reaction off-page. Simply putting it, your link popularity on the web can easily upgrade or degrade your popularity with the search engines, especially ...
As a search engine optimization industry professional, it seems as though I have been getting a lot of unsolicited emails from people in India and other countries outside the United States wanting me to outsource projects to them. There are a lot of reasons why I will not, ever, outsource ...
Search Marketing Articles
- 44 Questions to Ask Your Search Engine Optimization Company
- About Bill Hartzer
- Absolute Versus Relative Linking in Web Sites
- Balancing Paid and Organic Search Engine Listings
- Do you Know what your Reputation is Online? Review your Links and Find Out
- Domain Name Appraisal Services and Domain Name Values
- Domain Names, Developed Domains, and Expired Domains
- Free SEO Tools
- How Google Finds and Penalizes Advertorials
- How Much Does Online Reputation Management Cost?
- How Search Engine Optimization Adds Value to a Website
- How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Business
- How to Diversify the Anchor Text of Links to Your Web Site
- How to Evaluate an Expired Domain Name
- How to Find Content for Your Blog
- How to Fix Google Analytics to Properly Calculate Bounce Rate
- How to Increase Your Followers on Google+
- How to Know if You Should Renew Your Domain Name?
- How to Know When You Should Develop a Domain Name
- How to Make a QR Code for Your Web Site
- How to Make Money from Your Social Media Influence
- How to Manage a Search Engine Optimization Project with Little or No Staff
- How to Pick the Right Domain Name for your Business
- How to Promote the Perfect Blog Post
- How to Properly Redirect a Domain Name and Get Link Credit
- How to Remove Circle Counts in Google+ Plus
- How to Remove Google Personalization from Google Search Results
- How to Write the Perfect Blog Post
- How To: Make Your Links Do Follow Links in Google Plus
- How To: Make Your Old Blog Posts ROCK in the Search Results
- How To: Remove Paid Links Without Hurting Your Search Engine Rankings
- Keyword Research and Analysis
- Linking Campaigns Lead to Increased Online Visibility
- Monetizing Your Website
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Pay Per Click Advertising Management
- Press Releases in the News
- Professional Blogging
- Reverse Domain Name Hijacking: Why UDRP Reform is Needed
- Search Engine Marketing and Website Marketing Services
- Search Engine Marketing Jobs
- Search Engine Marketing Videos
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization 101: The Meta Description Tag
- Search Engine Optimization 101: Title Tags on Web Pages
- Search Engine Optimization 101: Working Keywords into Your Web Pages
- Search Engine Optimization and Network Marketing: How to Get More Leads
- Search Engine Optimization Audit Services
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs
- Search Engine Optimization for Ecommerce Sites
- Search Engine Optimization Overkill
- Search Engine Optimization Strategist Specializing in SEO Audits and Link Audits
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Add a Breadcrumb Trail
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Check the Whois on Your Domain Name
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Check Your External Links
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Effectively Adding Content to your Website
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Expand On Your Best Website Content
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: How to Effectively use Keywords in your Heading Tags
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: How to Remove a Web Page from Google
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Include Keywords in URLs
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Link to Your Real Home Page Only
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Links Surrounded by Text
- Search Engine Optimization Tip: Your Heading Tags Should Include your Keywords
- Search Engine Optimization Tips
- Search Engine Optimization: 10 Search Engine Ranking Problems
- Search Engine Optimization: 5 Important SEO Ranking Factors
- Search Engine Optimization: 5 Keyword Research Tips
- Search Engine Optimization: 7 Important Considerations for Link Building Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization: A Guide To Understanding the Types of Google Penalties
- Search Engine Optimization: Anchor Text and Internal Links
- Search Engine Optimization: Anchor Text Flows Just Like PageRank
- Search Engine Optimization: How To Boost Domain Authority
- Search Engine Optimization: Recovering Lost Traffic and Links on your Website
- Search Engine Optimization: Why a Blog is Important
- Search Engine Optimization: Why Image Alt Tags are Important
- Search Engine Optimization: Why We Still Need Meta Tags
- Search Engine Optimization: Why Your Web Content Strategy Must Involve Promotion
- Search Engine Ranking Problems
- SEM Rush Review: SEO Tools in 2013
- Target your Ad Copy for Better Results
- Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Audit Quick Tips
- Translating Web Sites
- Use Link Bait to Catch Better Rankings
- What Does Social Media Have to do with Search? Plenty
- When is the Best Time to Post a Blog Post?
- When to Post on Social Media Networks
- Where to Get Ideas for Website Content
- Why Fresh Content is Important for Search Engine Optimization
- Why I am No Longer a Link Builder But Now a Content Publicist
- Why SEO and Social Media Sites Go Hand-in-Hand
- Why Your Corporate Website Needs a Blog
- Why Your Search Engine Optimization Strategy Must Now Include Social Validation
Follow Me:Follow @bhartzer
Twitter LinkedIn Facebook
Reddit Live Journal
Bill Hartzer, LLC14601 Hyde Away Lane
Mabank, TX 75147