A well-known intellectual property protection domain name scam that has been going on for at least 10 years has taken a new twist--the scammers are now calling this a "brand registration" rather than "intellectual property". In any case, though, the scam is the same, really: Some unknown company from Asia contacts ...
Microsoft recently launched Outlook.com as a new online email service, to rival Google's Gmail. Hotmail.com will be replaced by Outlook.com. On the same day that Microsoft rebooted Outlook.com, they registered a whole slew of similar domain names--in a move that looks like it's mainly to protect the Outlook brand. By looking ...
October 20th 2011
Darlene Quinn knows what it’s like to be loyal to a brand name. Quinn, a former senior executive with the Bullocks Wilshire department store chain understands the inner workings of the fashion retail industry as well as she does consumer trends, and her conclusion based on what she’s seeing in the ...
By BJ Bueno, guest author Harley-Davidson, Nike, Playboy, Coca-Cola, VW, and Apple logos have been permanently etched into the skins of customers worldwide. Why do they do it? Why do these raving fans, or Brand Lovers, scorch their bodies with a company’s mark? And what can marketers and brand managers ...
First, it was "America Online". Then, in 2006, "America Online" changed its name to "AOL". Now AOL will reportedly change its name, yet again, to TMZ. In April, 2006, America Online announced that after 15 years it was "retiring the name America Online and will now officially be known ...
According to the BusinessWeek/Interbrand annual ranking of the top 100 best global brands released today, Google, Zara, Apple, and Nintendo are among this year's top gainers. Google ranks 20th in the list. Yahoo! ranks 55th in the list. This is the seventh year that BusinessWeek has teamed up with ...
By Guest Writer Steve Waganer Success and failure of a particular business depends upon the kind of publicity done. This is true in the case of online and other businesses also. There are different methods that can be used for the promotion of any goods or services, but the key lies ...
Internet Marketing Articles
- About Bill Hartzer
- Absolute Versus Relative Linking in Web Sites
- Balancing Paid and Organic Search Engine Listings
- Free SEO Tools
- Internet Marketing Expert, Blogger, and Search Engine Optimization SEO Speaker
- Keyword Research and Analysis
- Linking Campaigns Lead to Increased Online Visibility
- Monetizing Your Website
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Pay Per Click Advertising Management
- Press Releases in the News
- Professional Blogging
- Search Engine Marketing and Website Marketing Services
- Search Engine Marketing Books
- Search Engine Marketing Jobs
- Search Engine Marketing Videos
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization Audit Services
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs
- Search Engine Optimization for Ecommerce Sites
- Search Engine Optimization Overkill
- Search Engine Optimization Tips
- Search Engine Ranking Problems
- Target your Ad Copy for Better Results
- Translating Web Sites
- Use Link Bait to Catch Better Rankings
Follow Me:Follow @bhartzer
Twitter LinkedIn Facebook
YouTube Flickr BusinessWeek
Reddit Live Journal coRank